St Johns Kindergarten origins date back to 1954. Supporting the local community we are a not for profit community managed kindergarten that provides a play-based emergent curriculum. Our programs focus on children’s developmental growth, their current interests and cultural backgrounds using a range of materials and equipment, both indoors and outdoors. Our pre-school programs provide a balance between structured and spontaneous, child initiated and adult supported learning experiences. Educational programs are written following the learning outcomes of the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework, introduced by DEECD in 2010.
- Friendly and experienced staff (click here for staff details…)
- Challenging, stimulating and secure environment
- Positive learning environment
- Specialised programs to cater for children with additional needs
- Educators work cooperatively with other childhood health services to ensure an integrated approach to child health, care and education
- Assistance and support for families
- Sense of cooperation and friendship amongst families in the kindergarten community
- Benefits of both Bush and traditional Kindergarten
- Excursions and Incursions
Our Management: The kindergarten is an Incorporated body and operates under a parent “Committee of Management”. The Committee is composed of kindergarten parents, staff and a representative from All Souls Anglican church.